Thursday, April 9, 2015

H is for Happiness

A list of all of the things I can think of that make me happy:

Sleep.  I have no problems when I am sleeping, unless I have bad dreams.  And then when I wake up, my problem is solved.

Pepsi.  My personal drug of choice.  If I were stranded on a desert island and had to desalinate ocean water to drink, I would try to convert it to Pepsi. 

Chocolate.  Duh.  Chocolate.

A hot shower.  I love the hot shower even more when I am able to take it without a child or animal pulling back the curtain to make sure I haven't gone down the drain while they weren't looking.  Someday I'm going to install a secret trap door in the bathtub and I'm going to slip outta there and take off. 

My family. Usually.  Especially my adult kids. 

The Beach.  I never feel as happy and grounded as I am at a beach.  It doesn't even have to be a nice beach or even a beach really.  Being on a pond dam is almost as nice.  As long as there is sun and water it's cool. 

Jokes.  I love jokes.  The only jokes I don't find funny are rape jokes.  Rape hokes = not funny.  And if you tell me one, I may punch you.

Sunshine.  Sunshine stimulates your body to make vitamin D and serotonin.  Serotonin is nature's way of thanking you for being alive. 

Music.  I love Chopin, Beethoven, The Weeknd, Brian McKnight, Janis Joplin, Deftones, Aerosmith, Nine Inch Nails, Creedence Clearwater Revival.  The list is rather schizophrenic.  I would say "eclectic," but I don't think that word covers it well.

Flowers.  Who doesn't love flowers?

Charlie Hunnam.  When Charlie was born, God looked down upon all women and said, "You are welcome."

Pets.  Most of the time my pets make me happy.  Except when they don't. 

Carbs.  I love carbs.  My thighs and belly are proof.

Friends.  I have a lot of friends and they make me happy.  They listen to my stupid rants, they put up with my horrible sense of humor, and sometimes they bring me gifts. 

Sports cars.  I love sports cars, especially when I'm driving them.  The feeling of being in control of that much power is very freeing. 

Faith.  My faith makes me happy. 

Learning.  I would be a professional student if I weren't completely broke.  I try to learn from everyone and everything. 

Surprises.  I love being surprised with good stuff.  Surprise visits from friends are the best surprises ever. 

Babies.  I love their perfection and innocence. 

The movie "Stepbrothers."  Best.  Movie.  Ever. 

Camping.  Being out in the outdoors, with only the basics, communing with nature is complete bliss for me. 

Books.  Where else can you completely lose yourself in a story?

Playing the piano.  It's my form of meditation. 

Talking to people.  I love to talk to complete strangers.  I have this gift/curse of inspiring people I don't even know to tell me their life story.  We are here on this planet to take care of one another.  We need to do it more often.

This list is by no means all inclusive, but it's a start.  I feel happier now, just thinking about all of these things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment